Hi guys. I have been gone way to long. I apoligize profusely for my truelly crappy blogging. I pretty much suck as a blogger. But my life has really been chaotic lately. I'm not going to go all Doctor Phil on you all so i'll just cut to my new and dedicated piece. Recently I have watched Tyra Banks. That woman truelly amazes me. An ex model quit her job to help people and change things around this world. She has done some pretty awesome things i can tell you that. Yet again i will not bore you by writing down a whole biography on her. Tyra recently talked about racial discrimination in fashion. Black models simply do not get as much right as white models do. In runway shows you see hundreds of beautiful white models doing their catwalk. You rarely see black women showing off their modelling abilities. I'm not saying black models are rare these days- there simply aren't enough of them. I recently read a comment on the New York times. Someone (whoever it is i cannot for the life of me remember) recently said that there simply is not room for more than 3 black models on a runway show. I will tell you that this is downright bullshit. It outraged me to see that there is still such discrimination in our society. Hasn't anything changed? Did Nelson Mandela restore black rights and abolish apartheid. I don't know. I mean yes, black people have more rights now. But I guess opinion will never just change. I happen to think that black models are in some way more artistic in their modelling skills. Take it how Naomi Campbell walks down the runway. She does the cat walk like she owns it. And she does in my opinion. There is something about her posture and her fierceness that just about screams that she has power. Chanel Iman has been an amazing discovery. Her youth brings out a fresh voice in fashion. Seeing her wear a symbol of true fashion shows the journalist from new york times just how wrong he is. Black models have every right to be on that runway as much as a white model has. This has been a more opinioted piece than my others. I usually just talk about fashion. But you see fashion is not the only thing that matters. I came to that realization when i saw Tyra Banks show. Some people think that clothes look better on white people than on blacks. People are mistaken. Some think clothes are more importent than human beings. Our civilization is lost if that is the cause.
Monday, July 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment